Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Beverly Hills Chihuahua

Paul Johnson, author of Modern Times, Intellectuals, History of Christianity and History of the Jews, in his 2006 book, Creators, gives Walt Disney the greatest laurels. Naturally I only watched this doggie flick to get closer to the genius of Walt and perhaps uncover the meaning of life. The fact that I dressed Stuart, my scotty in lifejackets and rain capes after having Shinto,a cross irish setter english springer with the character of the hero German Shepherd, Delgato had nothing to do with my picking this movie. It was a long busy day and Norman Cousins, author of Anatomy of an Illness, and advocate of humor therapy would clearly applaud my choice. Thanks to Cousins pioneering research watching Groucho Marx as therapy countless followers including myself have dared to prescribe this potentially lethal therapy. I didn't die laughing, watching Beverly Hills Chihuahua though came close, when Montesumo and the countless chihuahua bandidos saved the day. Jamie Lee Curtis was terrific in person while Drew Barrymore's voice as the star Chloe sounded almost type cast. A dog lover's treat for sure, this was a mighty little movie with a whole lot of bark to it.
love me, love my dog - 16th century proverb

No comments: