Monday, May 25, 2009

Gratitude


I am thankful for the colour in my life. It could be in black and white. I’m thankful for the contours. It could be all flat. I’m thankful for family and friends. I could be alone. I’m thankful for life because I don’t know death and where it might be better it could be worse or it could be nothing at all. I’m thankful for what I have.  I’m thankful for the air and the scents that come on breezes. I’m thankful for feelings, feeling the sun on my leg and the wind in my hair. I’m thankful for my vision, I could be blind.. I’m thankful for all my bodily perceptions as I could be without any of them and that would make life more difficult for sure. I’m thankful for mobility. I’m thankful for my fingers. I’m thankful for all the internal organs and glands that work independent of me.  I’m thankful for the autonomic nervous system.  I’m thankful for my cat. I’m thankful for my faith. I’m thankful for hope. I’m thankful for the trees and plants and animals and flowers. I’m thankful for the sun and moon and sky. I’m thankful for the earth. I’m thankful for skin and clothing.  I’m thankful for taste. I’m thankful for children and old people and houses and apartments and buildings and tents. I’m thankful for trucks and motorcycles and bicycles. I’m thankful for sports and crafts and books. I’m thankful for furniture .  I’m thankful for birdsong.  I’m thankful for coffee. I’m thankful for boats. I’m thankful for music and instruments. I’m thankful for harmony and collaboration.  I’m thankful for money and banks  and storage lockers and carpets and hard wood floors. I’m thankful for rain and snow and wind.  I’m thankful for typing and writing and paper and pen and computers and television. I’m thankful for planes and trains.  I’m thankful for humor and altruism and spaceships and planets. I’m thankful for orgasms and good feelings and fine thoughts and eureka and aha.  I’m thankful for confidence and self esteem and dreams.  I’m thankful for hats.  I’m thankful for shoes.  I thankful for thankfulness.  When I have it I have no fear, anxiety or depression. An attitude of gratitude pushes out all negativity.  I’m thankful for gratitude.     

1 comment:

bobbi said...

YeeHa !