Thursday, December 24, 2009

District 9



A patient whose opinion on movies I appreciate recommended this Science Fiction thriller movie to me last night. "I didn't know what it was going to be like from the beginning but then it turned out to be an incredible movie I can't stop thinking about." He told me. So I picked it up last night at BlockBusters Video and sat back to a distinctly different movie in the Science Fiction genre. This was no Star Wars or Armageddon but rather a very down to earth everyday people portrayal of a very different kind of alien invasion. What it spoke to in human terms was moving and profound. Metaphors galore in the great tradition of science fiction from masters like Heinlein. Yes it was a romp with high tech and exciting guns and soldiers and all that but the personal level as something very much more.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_9

No comments: