Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Red Cliff Movie

Red Cliff is the most amazing epic movie directed by the genius John Woo. Vast casts of character and endless sets. Action, drama, history, romance, this movie has it all. It is a story of battles fought in China's Three Kingdoms circa 220 to 280 AD. I recognized the Han. Emperors and courts, prime ministers, and generals. But of course their wives and loves figure prominently. And the little boy flutist who stopped the army at practice. Such poetic touches coupled with gentle love scenes between the most comprehensive battles of swords, arrows, catapults and shields. The acting was exemplary - Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Takeshi Kaneshiro, Fengyl Zhang, Chen Chang, Wei Zhao. I felt as if I'd been transported back in time to a front row seat in a different culture and time. I was truly thankful for the invitation.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: