Monday, January 3, 2011

Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want
He makes me lie down in green pastures
He leads me beside quiet waters
He restores my should

He guides me in paths of righteousness for his names sake
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I shall fear no evil for you are with me
Your rod and your staff they comfort me

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies
You anoint my head with oil
My cup overflows
Surely goodness and love will follow me
All the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.



Ever since I was a child I loved this psalm. It comforted me then. It comforts me now. It's a new year and I will take this psalm with me into this year. I prefer the King James version. This NIV version lacks the poetry of the earlier translation. I like though that the word 'mercy' is changed here to 'love'. What better way to describe this life than 'the valley of the shadow of death'.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: