Monday, January 23, 2012

More Birds of Quanacastre, Costa Rica

I took the Swiss Travel Tour to the Verano private ranch.  It was horseback riding and zip lining, hot springs and great dinner.  I happened to have my long bird lens along so got a few more bird pictures.  I had to leave that camera with the driver along with my bag because the zip lining through the jungle wasn't a place for a big over the shoulder bag. A packsack with two shoulder straps would have been fine.  I certainly didn't need the big zoom for the shots of that tour. The guide, Allehandra, figured the best birding pictures would be on the river boat tours.  As it was I got some interesting DSC 0381bird pictures so am adding these here. I love the white throated magpie jay. The white winged dove . DSC 0386DSC 0383I couldn't figure out for sure what this little brown bird was though it may be the clay coloured robin, the Cposta Rica National Bird.DSC 0390DSC 0395I liked the group of big birds which were either black or turkey vultures. DSC 0394

No comments: