Saturday, February 11, 2012

Ural Sidecar Motorcycle Day

It was a perfect Vancouver day for motorcycling.  I started the day taking the Ural to Richard Cho, the chiropracter at Willow and Broadway.  Richard is resolving the last of the rolled ATV episode.  Lovely to visit with his wife Reese and leave them some elk meat from that great but painful  adventure.
On the way back I stopped in at Broadway Cameras to see if they had the next generation of Nikon zoom pocket cameras. They expect them out by March.The new professional Nikon SLE is due out in the $6000 range while the new semi pro camera  SLE will be $2 to 3000.  I'm glad the pocket zoom cameras sell for less.
Leaving there I checked the time and it was 10 am, perfect timing for a visit to the Alano club. Great meeting.  Great club.  I had a coffee  with Antonnio. He had tickets for the North Shore Round Up, at the Hyatt Regency, April 6,7 and 8 so I purchased these.  Then I saw Kim for the first time in at least a couple of years.  She's as bright as ever and looks more beautiful every year. Now she's working at Salvation Army.
I'd bought Laura a new queen sized futon at Magestic Futon, 4th and Burrard.  They couldn't believe I was going to take it home in the Ural sidecar but helped by giving me the binding twine I needed to secure the futon.  I jested that I'd be irresistable to Vancouver women, a biker with his own futon.  Very sexy.
Laura was happy to get the futon, saying she'd rather get a futon than a bottle of wine from a man.
I dressed Gilbert in his Canucks jersey and harness so we all could head out to Stanley Park. The skies threatened rain but none appeared.  Instead we circled Stanley Park and took Gilbert for a couple of walks as well as a photo op at Prospect Point.  It was great to see the first blossoms of spring, too.  I even dropped in at the Rowing Club.
Then we crossed back to South Vancouver to shop for pate, cheese and bagettes at a delightful like specialty shop across from my favourite knife and sword store on Cambie beside the Park Theatre.  I got Laura something from Honey too, to go with the cheese, pate and baguettes.
Then we just had to pick up the laundry to complete the Saturday chore list.  Nothing like a Ural Sidecar Motorcycle for doing all this.  We certainly got a lot of smiles, people pointing and some taking out cameras to get pictures of Gilbert and Laura.  I'm just the driver.IMG 0656 IMG 0655IMG 0659IMG 0661IMG 0660IMG 0667IMG 0665IMG 0668IMG 0671

No comments: