Saturday, November 23, 2013

Kuala Lumpur - miscellaneous photos

It's my last night in Kuala Lumpur. I've arranged for a taxi to pick me up in time to get to the Kuala Lumpur International Airport. 2 hours before an international flight. An hour to get the 45 minute drive from here to the airport.  Tomorrow I fly the 2 hours and some to Siem Reap.  Angkor Wat , the Buddhist temple complex, is there. I'm not sure where I'm going to stay. Some hotel with a safe and wifi.  That's upscale. I didn't mind where I stayed when I only had a wallet passport and camera.  That was years ago. Now I worry about laptops, iPads, iPhones and cameras.  I've also been encouraged to hire a driver for the day.  It's a big complex.
I thought to go out tonight but ,after the conference ended, I came back to the hotel, ordered room service dinner and haven't moved since.  I'm actually watching television.  I tried getting to a meeting last night but only ended up in a dangerous part of town with junkies lying  on the street.
There's an exotic bird park and a butterfly place here. I'd have liked to have got to either those. I felt the same about the night safari in Singapore zoo.  There's things I'd like to do but I'm touristed out tonight and looking forward to early bed. I've packed and have a couple of hand washed shirts and shorts drying.
I'm actually missing home.  I'm looking forward to the next couple of days, more sights, being a tourist, "free man in Paris", the hope for more spiritual experience in a place of spirituality.  But already I miss my own bed, Gilbert, my boat, the routine, friends, the known.  I feel alien a lot in my life without being an actual alien. There's a desire to be more with people who are more like me, whatever that is.
I remember an old man who joined my father in the assisted living home. He'd been a farmer and enjoyed that he could talk about farming with Dad who understood him.  They talked about the weather.  Yet our similarities are our core. I know that.  I liked meeting the Malaysia catholic doctor and talking about spirituality.
I've a book launch too.  It's an accomplishment. I look at the pages, I've a copy with me, and enjoy what I've written. Already looking forward to the next book.  I'm looking forward to visiting family too.  It's a good life.  Full and rich and blessed.
Thank you Jesus.  Thank you God of Gods.  Saints of all religions I bow to you too.
ISAM is meeting in Japan next year, then Scotland.  I hope to be in Scotland before that.  There's an English doctors meeting next fall I've been planning on attending for a couple of years.  The boat engine needs fixing though.  Africa is waiting too.  I like all the Australians and New Zealanders I know.  Just when I'm growing weary with living out of a suitcase I'm remembering places I'd like to go to.
I think my mind is a little overloaded by all the learning these last three days.  There's a stretch that occurs with all the intellectual learning coupled with the gestalt experience of being in a foreign place.
On the other hand, I don't feel guilty I'm not exploring any further. I usually get these lovely hotel rooms and then spend so little time in them when I'm at a conference. Right now I'm watching Captain America, the Avengers,  Thor and a whole bunch of superheros protect the earth from annihilation on tv. I've cream sauce spaghetti with garlic toast on the way. I love room service.  All that is missing is Gilbert.  He's a great companion when there's room service.
I have a group of pictures I've taken while here that I haven't included.  They'll fit in right here.  I liked the Convent with the Motorcycle.  I liked the motorcycle paths that are here and there. I liked the MacDonald's too.  Parents taking pictures of their little daughter.  The two rivers meeting here.  Now I'm going to watch Alex Cross on tv. I've read the books.  Thank you God for the wonders and sights of this trip, the education, the organizers and contributors, the Armada Hotel and staff, keeping me safe.  Kuala Lumpur is an amazing city with so much diversity.  The people have all been so friendly and helpful.
IMG 1525
IMG 1528
IMG 1522
IMG 4323IMG 1529

IMG 1538IMG 1540IMG 1586IMG 1588IMG 1599DSC 0286DSC 0287DSC 0280DSC 0277DSC 0282DSC 0283IMG 1608IMG 4355IMG 4361
IMG 4358IMG 4359IMG 1830IMG 0111
IMG 4360IMG 0117IMG 0115IMG 0116
IMG 4369

IMG 1550

No comments: