Sunday, November 17, 2013

St. Andrews Cathedral - Singapore

After leaving Changi Prison I took a bus, then the train to St. Andrews Cathedral. There was a great musician in the train station too.
Riding on the train is like riding on a boat. I had a full body work out by the time I reached my destination.  INo wonder I wasn't fat when I couldn't afford a Harley Motorcycle or Miata Sportscar.  Riding buses and trains keeps one slim.  I used to bicycle too. Earlier in the day I sat talking with a local cycling enthusiast at a cafe where his bike was locked to the outside table we sat together at.  
I was blessed to arrive at St. Andrews Cathedral in time to participate in the service. It was a fine service.  After I took pictures of the Cathedral. Now i'm in a coffee with wifi uploading the stories I've written to my blog.
I liked participating in the Anglican service. I lived receiving communion.  I liked kneeling together with others and singing hymns.  There's a lot of comfort in ritual. Here I am half way around the world joining in with others who share this common experience.  It's tradition too.   I'm spiritually moved in community. That's its own special time
.IMG 4299IMG 4301IMG 4302IMG 4303
 IMG 1477
IMG 1475
IMG 1480IMG 1478IMG 1479IMG 1482IMG 1481

IMG 4306

No comments: