Sunday, March 8, 2015

Psychiatry and Addiction, Personal Perspectives Book Launch

The book launch for my book, Psychiatry and Addiction, Personal Perspectives was a great success. I thank of those who came and especially those who paid $16 for a copy. I've only had a poetry book launch and this was much better attended.   I sold some 30 books or so.
I was really fortunate to have some of the real book launch pros there from the Canadian Authors Association, too:Jean Kay, (creator of inspirational poetry -@jeankaypoet), Robert Mackay (author of Terror on the Alert)  and Margaret Hume (author of Just Mary).  They all told me the launch was  definitely a good one.   They also gave us a lot of advice.
Angel Lai my executive assistant had taken care of all the details.  Nadine from the Alano Club agreed to us using that perfection location for such a launch.  Angel had Solly's as caterers and everyone loved the food.  Ruel Morales who teaches guitar at Long and McQuade provided classical music entertainment when I wasn't reading.  Jean Kay collected money and cued me to when I should read.
I even played guitar and sang an addiction song I'd written called Pills and Booze.  When reading from my book I shared some of the back ground stories which pleased many there who also worked in the health care field.  It was wonderful to see my close friend Dr. George there. I would love to name everyone who came and give them an award for their participation but that's not going to happen. It was just a joy to look out and see so many friends and hear later how much they enjoyed the evening. I just wish I'd had more time to mingle and talk with everyone.
Gilbert was there in his red pet therapy vest greeting everyone and making sure no one felt lonely.  All round a wonderful party I was honoured to be a part of.

The book is for sale at Amazons as Kindle edition and can be bought hard cover now at $16  calling 604-708-1117.


No comments: