Saturday, July 4, 2015

Dublin Harbour, Ireland

Staying at the Maldron Airport Hotel, we were able to drop off our car the night before our plane left in the morning for Canada.  To end off a beautiful day and use up some of the expensive gas I’d put in our Citroen I made a last trip into Dublin to see the harbour.  As a sailor I dream of sailing my offshore SV GIRI, a 40 floor cutter rigged sloop to these Islands.  I never would have believed I’d have sailed solo to Hawaii at Christmas one year so if that was possible it just may be that I will one day sail into this magnificent harbour.  After our drive about Dublin for the last time we left the car with Hertz and returned to the hotel. There we had superb Irish steak, a last night of fine dining.  Laura and I agreed that this trip had surpassed our every expectation. We loved Ireland and look forward to returning.
IMG 9845IMG 9847IMG 9851IMG 9860

No comments: