Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Turning Point Gala coming May 12, 2016

I am already excited about the Turning Point Gala.  Brenda Plante makes it the very best event. I love the Four Seasons. It really is an elegant venue and the service has always been superb. The meals are mouth watering delicious.  The stories of the recovered addicts and alcoholics are moving and inspiring.  I love seeing the gracious dignitaries each year. Minister Terry Lake is really a caring and bright fellow who I was blessed to meet one year here.  But there are always many.  The Silent Auction and Prizes  are the best I've seen in the galas I've attended.  The community really supports Turning Point. The generosity of the guests is fabulous.  I've  seen some businessmen, now flush, who once were on their knees, show that recovery really works.  Their reaching back to help the next person up with open wallets speaks admirably of their open hearts. Everyone has a family member suffering from addiction so there are those pillars of society that show the true depth of their souls by their presence and support of Turning Point on this night.  I personally like the glamour.  The ladies and gentlemen that come to Turning Point really prove that Vancouver is more than pack sacks and yoga pants.  And the speakers are the best.  This year it's David Crosby of  Byrds, Buffalo Springfield and Crosby Stills Nash and Young.  My favourite music.  I'm so excited.

No comments: